Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Who knew?


While at a membership class for our church, I learned something that kinda blew me away.  While it’s not directly related to wine, it is related to grapes, so I thought I’d share it.
Any idea who this is?
Thomas_Bramwell_Welch
This Thomas Bramwell Welch and he basically started Welch’s. You know, the grape juice?
The thing that I learned was, the reason he started working to create a high quality grape juice was because Methodist’s (which he was) didn’t use wine for communion, but grape juice.


You can read more about him here and the history of Welch’s here.  And if are wondering how to make your own wine using Welch’s grape juice (which I realize kinda defeats what he was trying to do, but whateve) you can find that here.

Anywho, I thought it was fascinating.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!