Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cork screws

Those poor corks. What did they ever do to get screwed? (I crack myself up.)


When I first started drinking wine, this is what I used to open my bottles. (When I say "I," I really mean Sparky. I don't know that I ever really opened my own bottle of wine back in those days. I know, I'm spoiled.)




But our really good friends had the Rabbit, so we went out and got one too.


It worked ok, but had a few quirks.  We ended up going back to our original corkscrew. Until...




We got this for Christmas from my SIL. (Can you hear the angel chorus?)

Love this thing! It's gotten PLENTY of use and is still going strong.  It comes with a foil cutter which, to be honest isn't cutting as well as it did when we first got it, but still gets the job done.

What about you? What do you use to open your favorite bottle of vino?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!