Thursday, October 27, 2011

To blend or not to blend

I love a good blend. I really do. It's like you get the best of your favorite wines all in one. And who wouldn't want that?

I found a really great article on wine blends out on lovetoknow. Like, the only wines that make a true Bordeaux are:

  • Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Merlot
  • Malbec
  • Petite Verdot
  • Carmenere
  • Cabernet Franc


  • My favorite blend right now is the Apothic Red. I've mentioned it here as a bottle that I always have on hand.


    I also like the Middle Sister Rebel Red. (Maybe because I'm the middle sister and I have red hair.)


    Another good one is Ménage à Trois Red (Not a big fan of their white blend though.)


    On the white side, my all time favorite white blend is Seven Daughters White Blend (But, their red blend doesn't do much for me.)


    I've had a really good Bordeaux that we bought from a friend who was selling Traveling Vineyard wines. We loved it and bought as many bottles as we could afford. But, I can't remember what it was called and their site won't let me search their cellar without a "consultant" name. Nuts!

    If you are feeling adventurous and want to make your own blend, you can give this a try. (And no, the dump bucket from your wine club is not a blend.)

    Any blend fans? What's your favorite?

    So, there are only 4 days left of this 31 day series. Any requests for a topic? Something you wish I'd talk about? Let me know!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Tell me what you think!