Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kiss my glass

I drink out of the same two wine glasses pretty much all the time at my house. Reidel red wine glasses that we got at Target years ago. They came in a pack of four, but two have bit the dust. Getting banged on the side of the sink while washing them. Sniff. (Honestly, I can't believe they've lasted as long as they have. They've been packed up and moved at least three times.)
We've got a couple more stemmed glasses that could be used for red or white, plus we've got quite a few stemless ones as well. For some reason, I typically drink white out of the stemless ones. They are also the ones that get brought out when we have company. And are the ones my mom grabs when she comes over.

I wouldn't mind getting a few more nice wine glasses though. And luckily, this weekend we are in Minneapolis and going to the Mall of America (MOA). I can'te wait to hit up Williams-Sonoma and Crate&Barrel to see what they've got (in person).

Sooooo many to choose from!

But, do you really need a different glass for Zinfandel, Cabernet and Bordeaux?  Where do you draw the line?  I can see have red and white glasses, but I'm not sure about having them for every varietal.

What about you? Do you have a favorite glass you always drink your wine out of? Maybe it's a red solo cup. No judging here, just curious.



2 comments:

  1. The only specialty glasses I've bought for my house are ones for white wines. :) Surprise, surprise surprise.

    I need to up my supply of wine glasses though and would like more stemless ones. SO, along with cake plates, if you see any wine glasses you think are sooo me, get 'em. :) Or buy yourself more and give me your stemless ones with the stripes and dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of a very nice collection of Reidel for white and red. I LOVE them! I love to drink wine from stemmed glasses. The only reason i take the stemless at your house is that you and your sister are already using the 2 stemmed ones by the time i get there!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!