Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Que Shiraz Shiraz

When I first starting drinking red wine, Yellow Tale Tail Shiraz was my go to. (Good thing my sister reads this and tells me when I make a typo.) It's pretty much all I bought. Those Aussies sure knew how to put together a good, cheap bottle of wine.

I'd buy others, but I always, always, always had a bottle of Yellow Tail in the wine rack.


Today, I honestly can't remember the last time I bought it.  Now, when I'm looking for a Shiraz (cause I still love them),  I typically pick up ones of these:





(Funny story about Fat Bastard. I was on the phone with my dad while wandering around the liquor store. As I was paying for my Fat Bastard Shiraz, I told him I was buying a wine in honor of him. Then told him the name. "Well, that's not a very nice thing to say about your dad." Hehe. I crack myself up.) 

I'm think it's the spicy berry/plum flavor that keeps bring me back. Mmmmm.

Syrah and Shiraz are basically the same type of wine, just produced in different countries. You'll usually see them side by side in the liquor store.

Any Shiraz fans out there? What would you recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!