Monday, October 24, 2011

Show me the cheese!

I think I love cheese almost as much as I love wine. And, IMHO (in my humble opinion), a glass of wine isn't complete without cheese. Really don't care much about the crackers. Just gimme the cheese! SHOW ME THE CHEESE!

I don't know what I'd do if I was lactose intolerant and couldn't eat cheese. Makes me wanna cry just thinking about it.

Smoked gouda is my all time favorite. It's soooo good-a.  And goes great with just about everything...reds and whites.

Another favorite is manchego. This one typically goes best with a stronger red. The only down side is it can get a little spendy. 

You also can't go wrong with parmesan, cheddar and gruyere (a great Swiss!).

I actually do most of my cheese shopping at Sam's Club. Waaay cheaper than the grocery store and the selection is decent. I can usually find what I'm looking for there.  

wine.about.com has a great list of wine and cheese pairings. One common theme you'll notice is gouda. Cause it's that fantabulous.

What about you? Any favorite wine and cheese pairings? Or just cheese? Where do you get your best deal?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!