Sunday, September 11, 2011

Poor Pitiful Porch

Our front porch is kinda pathetic. Pitiful actually. We haven't done anything with it since we moved in back in April.

I was finally tired of it.

See what I mean? Pathetic.






But, I have grand plans. 

They involve this.



Maybe some of this.



Some Pinterest inspiration. (Oh, Martha, I love you.) 

source


source


And, The Nester's wreath party. Seriously, crazy stuff going on over there!

 

But, before all of that can happen, it needed to be cleaned up. Just a quick sweeping and I'd be ready. Yeah, right. I don't know why I set myself up like that. Between the leaves, paint on the window panes, the bush taking over one side and the bird poo I had my work cut out for me.

So, out came the razor blade scraper, the hose, and the nippers. It looks much better now. (And Steph, the dead bird is finally gone.)

And that's as far as I got. It's all cleaned up and ready to go, but playing jumbo bowling with RC and Baby Peach in the back yard and drinking beer with Sparky distracted me. And it was a great distraction.

I'll be back with progress. I promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!