Saturday, January 8, 2011

What does clean smell like?

For the longest time, I thought cleaned smelled like bleach, Mr. Clean and Pine Sol. You know the smells. They kinda hit you over the head when you open the bottle.

Now, I think I know what clean really smells like. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And I LOVE it.

In my goals for 2011 post, I said I was going to live greener and start making my own household cleaners.
Well, this is week #2 of cleaning with a vinegar and water mixture and baking soda. I mixed up the vinegar and water and added about 200 (ok, maybe 30?) drops of orange oil. Instead of our bathroom smelling overwhelmingly like bleach when I'm done cleaning, it smells like nothing (not even orange vinegar). 

Ah, I can take a deep breath while cleaning and not go into a coughing fit from the nasty cleaner I used to use.

I went the cold turkey approach. So, I've still got a few bottles of cleaners that I'm not really sure what to do with.

Here they are (along with some stray bread crumbs). My grime fighting teammates. I love 'em.  After reading this post from DIYLife, I might recruit apple cider vinegar to be part of my team too. We'll see.



What does clean smell like to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!