Sunday, April 3, 2011

Here comes Peter Cottontail!

When Easter starts getting close, I start humming "Here Comes Peter Cottontail."  So, what better way to decorate for Easter than to use the lyrics!

Besides the St Patrick's Day "subway" art, this is probably the easiest thing I've made. Seriously.

But, I only knew the first part of the first verse, so I looked the lyrics up online. (Did you know Gene Autry sang it? I didn't.) Anywho, once I saw all the lyrics, I decided to use the entire first verse.  And, I knew I wanted to add Peter to it as well.



Honestly, picking the paper and the font took the longest for this project.

I typed up the verse using Lucida Calligraphy in Microsoft Word and printed it on a piece of green cardstock. Then, I downloaded an Easter design from the Silhouette Store. The bunny had an eye, which I didn't want, so I ungrouped the objects in Silhouette Studio and deleted the eye, and cut it out on some cute polka dot paper.

I taped the bunny onto the cardstock with the verse and put it in the frame.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!