Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Better late than never St. Patrick's Day Crafty Crafts

We've had a tough month around our house, but hopefully things will start looking up in the coming weeks! Thanks for being patient and sticking with me!

I did manage to get a couple of little St. Patrick's Day decorations made. I love St. Patrick's Day. My ancestors are Irish and it was always a big deal around our house. My husband, who is a teensy-tiny bit Irish, also loves the holiday. I think mainly because of the green beer, but I have to admit, I like that part too.

So, without further ado...here is what I came up with for St. Patricks' Day.  My inspiration was partially from what I did for Valentine's Day as well as a couple of posts that I've seen over the past month or so. (I want to apologize for the great bloggers that had a couple of  these ideas. I thought I'd bookmarked them so I could link to them, but can't find them now. If you remember seeing them, please comment with the link!)



Super easy! I drew a couple of lines for the bouquet. Then, I used my Silhouette to cut out a bunch of hearts and used double-stick tape to attach them. After that, I drew a bow with a silver paint pen and added some fake rhinestones from Hobby Lobby. I had all the paper, so only had to buy the rhinestones with were a couple of bucks for a bunch! I think I might put this in frame and keep it up year round.



For the candle, I took off the Valentines ribbon, used my Silhouette to cut out shamrocks in different colors and sizes and used double stick tape to attach them. I see great things in this candle's future. It's so versatile!


I used this little bucket for Valentine's Day too. This time, I took the dead plant out of it and turned the BE MINE to the back. (We weren't home for a while and it didn't make it.)  I used my Silhouette (again, sensing a theme here?) to cut the shamrock out of vinyl and added a fake little ball plant thing I got at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. I think I paid $1.50 for it. I had everything else on hand, so this little gem was cheap!


This was probably the easiest of them all. I used Microsoft Word and a bunch of different fonts and greens. I did have to look up Gaelic words online for some of them. Then, I printed it off at home on plain old copy paper and stuck it in a $3.00 frame from Wal-Mart.



This is my little corner shelf where everything is at.  It's become my theme shelf.

The other little vignette I created was super easy as well.



I found a font I liked in Microsoft Word and cut it out with my Silhouette along with one of the shamrocks I'd printed earlier.  I'd had some fake stems from a few years back that I threw into a little white vase I'd gotten from my husband's grandparent's house. I have three and love them.  So, again these were both free. Woo hoo!

We are making a lot of progress on the new house, so look for posts on that coming soon too!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you make for my house with your new machine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!