Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pork Loin Two Ways

I don't know if we invented it, but boy did we (ok, Sparky, my husband) come up with a great way to prepare a pork loin!

It's so simple, I don't even have any pictures. (That could also be because I just thought of doing this post while I was making supper tonight, not when we had the pork loin.)

Place pork loin in a crockpot
Wrap in bacon
Turn crockpot to low and go to work and let cook for 8+ hours

That's it. And let me tell you, it's WONDERFUL. The smoky flavor of the bacon infuses the pork and the bacon grease keeps it nice and moist. Serve with whatever side you'd like.

We had quite a bit of the pork loin left over, and it was so tender that it was pretty much shredded already. I could've just poured a bottle of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce on it and had pulled pork sandwiches, but I was feeling like Mexican.

Pork enchiladas, hear we come!

This recipe is adapted from the recipe on the can of Old El Paso Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce. (I tried to find the recipe on their website, but had no luck.)

Creamy Pork and Chile Enchiladas
2 C cooked, shredded pork
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
6 whole wheat tortillas
2 cans (10oz) green chile enchilada sauce
1 can (4.5oz) chopped green chiles
2 C shredded cheddar cheese (The orignal recipe called for 3/4 C cheese, really? The cheesier the better I say!)

1. Heat oven to 400. Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a non-stick skillet (love my Rachael Ray's!), warm pork through. Stir in green chiles and cream cheese. Cook until blended.
3. Spoon pork filling into tortillas, place seam side down in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over entire pan. Top with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.



To go along with our yummy enchiladas, I threw together onions, peppers, sweet corn kernals, and black beans in a pan and cooked 'em up.

I love mine with a little light sour cream and avocado. (I could eat avocado with a spoon, all by itself. Oh wait, I do actually do that.)

As Backpack from Dora the Explorer would say, "Delicioso!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!