Saturday, January 15, 2011

What to do, what to do...

I had every intention of making this super cute stool I saw over at brown paper packages. But, I didn't have a stool. And it's cold here. And I didn't want to leave the house. And my four year old was running a temperature.

I still wanted to do SOMETHING though. But, I had to be able to find all of the supplies here at home.

What to do, what to do.

Scrapbook paper, picture frames, double stick tape, and my camera =  Silhouettes!

I remembered seeing some cute silhouette projects, so I binged "diy silhouettes." (Yes, I'm a bing-er, not a googl-er.)

The one from Crafty Mama is the one I remember, but I also found one from Modern-Day Family that looked even easier. So, I followed Modern-Day Family's tutorial.

I got the kidlets lined up, took some pictures and printed them out.


I like the symmetry that having three objects brings, so along with an individual picture of each of the kids, I also did one of RC giving Baby Peach a kiss.

I don't have a stapler, so I just taped the picture onto the black paper and it worked just fine.  Once taped, I cut around the picture.



So,  the frames I had were 10x13. Scrapbook paper is 12x12. Dilemma.  I wasn't sure what color of paper I wanted to use so I had pulled out a couple of different colors.  I ended up using one to create a mat for the mat.  I just cut the accent paper into to strips (I love my straight cutter!) and taped them onto the mat.




I have a confession to make. I suck at hanging pictures. As a result, I don't really like doing it. Usually, my DH does it. He breaks out the tape measure and the pencil and the level (seriously). Well, he wasn't around while I was doing this and when I finished, I wanted to get them up on the wall.  Down to my tool box I went and grabbed nails, hammer and you guessed it, a tape measure. No level though. I couldn't find it.  And, I still ended up hanging one lower than the other. I have another confession. Measuring and math are not my strong suits. I eyeballed it and pounded the nail in again and it looked close enough.

Here's the result:


It took me about two hours from the time I started taking the pictures to getting them hung up.  Baby Peach has some little wispy hairs on the top of her head that didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, but you have to look really close to notice.

All in all, I really like the way they turned out! I can't wait to hang them in our new house.

Linking up with Saturday Nite Special over at Funky Junk Interierors!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

5 comments:

  1. These are awesome - LOVE the forehead kiss! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty darn cute. I love silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute, what a great way to use what you have to do something creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! I just sit and stare at them while eating. The more I look at them, the more I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GGGGGGGREAT IDEA!!! I'M SAVING THAT FOR LATER!!! I LOVE IT!!! you're so crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!