Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kids Bath Update

What the what? Two posts in a single week? Inconceivable! Don't expect this too happen to often. I don't want to get your hopes up.

Anywho, my sister wanted the next room to be the mudroom, but there are a couple of things I'd like to do in there before I do a post on it. Sorry Steph!

I did do a couple of little projects for the kids bathroom though. I showed a couple of inspirations for artwork in the kids bathroom back in this post.

Then, I spotted this from Jen over at American Crafts. Instant LOVE! So cute and looked pretty easy.



I picked up a couple of frames on clearance at Michael's and stocked up on buttons. I didn't have any buttons in my house. Unless you count the spare ones that come with every shirt and jacket you buy. But they were't pretty and cute. And I didn't have nearly enough.

This is what I started with:


I followed the tutorial pretty much to the letter (punny, I know). I traced the letters out on my card stock and started filling them in with buttons and brads. It's kinda like a puzzle. Trying to get as many buttons as you can within the lines. It took me a bit longer than I thought it would. Also, it was good to leave it for a day or two, then come back to it.  The empty spaces to seem to jump out better after you stepped away.



I knew I wanted these to be behind glass, since they were going in a bathroom, so I didn't do as much layering as Jen did. Baby Peach got more stars and pink than RC did to make hers a little more girly, but for the most part they look pretty much the same.


 They look exactly like I was hoping they would hanging up!







I also hung a couple of different pieces on the opposite wall. I'd gotten a cute bug calendar from my mom for Christmas.  I just cropped a couple of the bug pictures to fit into more Michael's clearance frames. I love the color and fun they add!



I love that it's kid friendly, but not too cutesy. 

The only thing left in this bathroom is to get a hand towel bar hung up! Yay!







1 comment:

Tell me what you think!