Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quick and easy teacher gifts

I haven't done one single thing for my son's pre-school teachers all year. I feel horrible about it. He's got 3 great pre-school teachers. And, 3 great daycare teachers. And my daughter has 3 great daycare teachers too.  See my dilemma? 9, count 'em, 9 people to buy gifts for? Overwhelming.

But, since this week is his last week of preschool, I decided to make a little something for his preschool teachers.

Easy, simple and cute!



I started with plain white mugs that I got at the dollar store.  I used my Silhouette to add black mongrams in Century Schoolbook font.


I had three favor bags we'd gotten from a wedding we were at a couple of weekends ago, so I filled them with dark chocolate Hershey kisses. (Because really,  who doesn't love getting chocolate?)



They still needed a little extra something, so I used my Silhouette again to create a Thank You tag.




I wanted to include a personal note to each of his teachers, but all of my stationary is still packed away in a box somewhere down in the basement. Instead of stationary, I cut a piece of coordinating scrapbook paper, wrote my note on the plain side of my paper, then rolled it up and tied it with some left over ribbon.




On my way to daycare, I stopped and picked up Starbuck's gift cards and tucked them in the back as well.




I'm really happy with how they turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!